Planning a trip to Corfu next summer? This stunning island destination in the Ionian Sea has something for every type of visitor. From the Old Town’s Venetian architecture to dreamy village beaches, the only thing left to decide is where to stay in Corfu. In this guide, find out from a local all the best areas to stay with hotel and restaurant recommendations.
Pro Tip: Planning to visit Corfu? It’s easier to organize your trip when you have all your resources in one place. Create a “Corfu” browser folder and bookmark this post so you can easily circle back to it. Also, check out the best things to do in Corfu.
Where To Stay in Corfu
Corfu is an island in the Ionian Sea and it is unlike any other in the region. You’ll discover buildings with Venetian architecture and large squares in town and picturesque villages. It’s a destination with a lot to offer visitors from historical monuments to interesting attractions, traditional cuisine, amazing beaches, a stunning natural landscape, and vibrant nightlife.
The island is fairly large with different areas to suit different travelers. In the list below, we’ll cover some of the most attractive places to stay in Corfu. Alongside the best hotels in each area, we’ll also include some must-visit attractions and restaurant recommendations where you can explore delicious traditional Greek dishes. All you have to do is pick the best place to stay for you and book your holidays.
- Corfu Town—The Center of Corfu
- Benitses—A Beautiful Seaside Village
- Messonghi—With the Long Sandy Beach
- Agios Georgios—A Beautiful Village in the North
Our Partnership with Booking.com. If you like our content, please book by clicking on our Booking.com links. The price is the same for you and we get a small commission that helps support our helpful blog content. We’ve partnered with Booking.com because they have the most options, great prices, and a solid loyalty program.
Corfu Town—The Center of Corfu
Corfu Town is one of the most stunning towns in the whole of Greece. The beautifully preserved Old Town is a UNESCO world heritage site. With striking Venetian architecture and numerous attractions to discover, you’ll enjoy walks through its narrow cobblestone streets soaking up the unique atmosphere.
Why I Love Corfu Town:
- Venetian Architecture
- Walks in the Old Town
- Shopping Center
Attractions in Corfu Town:
- Liston Pedestrian Street
- Casa Parlante
- Old and New Fortress
- Corfu’s Mon Repos Archaeological Museum
Best Restaurants in Corfu Town:
- Aegli Restaurant: €€ | Outdoor Seating | Central Location — Traditional Corfiot cuisine with great service. Come here for the lamb dish.
- Avli Restaurant: €€ | Terrace | Sea Views — Delicious regional dishes in a lovely location.
- Venetian Well: €€€€ | Terrace | Good Wine Selection — Come to this chic restaurant for a fine-dining experience.
- Terramia Restaurant: €€€ | Outdoor Seating | Italian Cuisine — If you’re in the mood for delicious Italian food, this is the place.
Best Hotels in Corfu Town:
Corfu Palace Hotel
€€€€ | 5 Star | Familly Rooms | Sea View
Corfu Palace Hotel is certainly a great hotel choice. Just a short 10-minute walk from Corfu Town, you’ll easily be able to visit the town’s attractions.
Apart from all the luxury facilities this hotel provides, it also has a casino where you can try your luck. With a gorgeous outdoor swimming pool and fine dining, you’ll have a relaxing and decadent stay.
Corfu Holiday Palace
€€€ | 5 Star | Family Friendly | Multiple Restaurants | Beachfront
What’s amazing about the Corfu Holiday Palace is that you can explore several different cuisines in the hotel’s six different restaurants.
With gorgeous views of the Ionian Sea and famous Pontikonisi island, two pools, and private access to the beach by cableway, this beautiful hotel and its location tick all the boxes.
Divani Corfu Palace
€€€ | 4 Star | Disabled Friendly | Family Friendly
Divani Corfu Palace is a great choice if you’re traveling with your family. Apart from the spacious rooms, the hotel provides a playground for kids. It also has a lovely pool area set in lush gardens with lagoon views.
Finally, the hotel is located next to popular attractions. So, you’ll easily be able to get out and explore some of them.
Benitses—A Beautiful Seaside Village
Benitses is one of the most beautiful villages in Corfu. Located about 14 kilometers from Corfu Town, it’s close enough to be able to head into town to see the sights but far enough away to enjoy the calm of a seaside village. In Benitses, you’ll love its beach with its lush greenery and crystal clear turquoise-green sea. However, keep in mind that you won’t find many attractions here and the nightlife is limited. There are several restaurants, bars, and pubs. So, you can certainly enjoy a drink or cocktail and relax.
Why I Love Benitses:
- Beautiful Seaside Village
- Amazing Beach with Crystal Clear Seawater
- Peace and Tranquility
- Picturesque Greek Village
Attractions in Benitses:
- Benitses Beach
- Shell Museum
- Roman Baths
- Benitses Marina
Best Restaurants in Benitses:
- Oraies Benitses: €€ | Casual — Taverna-style restaurant serving traditional Greek food. Try the moussaka or fresh fish dishes.
- Avra On The Beach Tavern: €€ | Beachfront | Terrace — Delicious Greek food right on the beachfront. Try the fish.
- La Pergola Restaurant: €€ | Sea View | Kid Friendly — Come to this Italian restaurant for the best pizza and relaxed atmosphere.
- Ristorante La Dolce Vita: €€ | On The Water — An Italian restaurant right on the water with a lovely terrace. Come for seafood, pasta, and pizza.
Best Hotels In Benitses:
Corfu Beachfront Villa Elektra
€€€€+ | Villa | Multiple Rooms | Sea View
Beachfront Villa Elektra is the ideal choice if you’re traveling with your family and friends. The villa provides four different rooms, so it’s perfect if you want something different from the classic hotel choices.
The villa has a kitchen where you can whip up meals to enjoy out on the terrace with beautiful views. There’s also a swimming pool, garden, and private beach area.
Angsana Corfu Resort & Spa
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Sea View | Multiple Pools
At Angsana Corfu Resort & Spa, the view from the pool is breathtaking and the luxury amenities are exactly what you need during your summer holidays. The resort has an onsite restaurant and bar. Some of the rooms come with a kitchen.
Also, the hotel is close enough to significant attractions like the Kaiser’s Bridge, which is a beautiful spot to visit.
Lido Corfu Sun Hotel
€€€ | 4 Star | Playground | Beachfront
Lido Corfu Sun Hotel is a big and beautiful hotel. It provides spacious rooms, a playground, and a shallow spot in the pool for the kids. So, this hotel is a good option for families.
You can expect a lovely buffet breakfast served out on the terrace in summer. Best of all, the hotel is located on the beachfront. You have the Ionian Sea practically on your doorstep.
Messonghi—With a Long Sandy Beach
Messonghi is another beautiful village but what’s really amazing about it is its long sandy beach. Located on the eastern side of the island, it’s the ideal place if you’re dreaming of spending your summer holidays by the beach. The sea, here, is shallow. So, it’s the ideal beach for children and anyone wanting to relax in the Ionian Sea. Thanks to tourism development, you’ll find several restaurants, cafés, and bars to enjoy local cuisine and have fun.
Why I Love Messonghi:
- Long Sandy Beach
- Shallow Seawater
- Boat Trips
- Picturesque Village
Attractions in Messonghi:
- Messonghi Beach
- Messonghi River
- Catholic Church of St. Pius
Best Restaurants in Messonghi:
- Bacchus Tavern: €€ | Casual | Beachfront — People love the delicious home-cooked style food, especially the seafood, and relaxed atmosphere.
- Taverna Meraki: €€ | Beachfront — Family-run restaurant on the beachfront with authentic and delicious dishes.
- Kostas Traditional Taverna: €€ | Outdoor Seating — Authentic Greek taverna with quality meals and cheerful decor. You’ll eat here more than once.
- Taverna Dionysos: €€ | Beachfront | Lively — Come for a drink overlooking Messonghi beach and stay for a delicious meal.
Best Hotels In Messonghi:
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Adults Only | Disabled Friendly
Domes Miramare is an amazing hotel where you can enjoy different luxury facilities. The hotel provides a 24-hour front desk and car hire. It has a lovely sun terrace and swimming pool with breathtaking sea views.
Located in Moraitika village next to Messonghi, there’s a beautiful beach nearby. An adults-only hotel, it’s perfect for a private getaway.
SENTIDO Apollo Palace
€€€ | 5 Star | Family Friendly | Multiple Pools
SENTIDO Apollo Palace is an ideal option for families. Two of the three pools are suitable for children to swim and play in. When the kids get tired of the pool, there’s a playground.
The hotel is on the Messonghi beachfront. So, you have easy access to one of the best beaches in Corfu.
KAIRABA Mythos Palace
€€€ | 5 Star | Adults Only | Multiple Pools
In KAIRABA Mythos Palace, you can expect numerous amenities. Apart from the three different pools, there is also a tennis court, a gym, and a spa center.
The rooms are beautifully decorated with the option of mountain or sea views and a plunge pool. It’s also located right next to Boukari beach where you can spend your days relaxing.
Agios Georgios—A Beautiful Village in the North
In Corfu, some of the most beautiful villages are in the North. In particular, Agios Georgios village is one of the greatest places you can stay on the island. Here, you’ll discover a wonderful beach either with soft sand or small white pebbles surrounded by greenery. This is one of the best places to come for great beaches, fresh air, and a stunning natural landscape.
Why I Love Agios Georgios:
- Several Beaches
- Amazing Beach with Turquoise Seawater
- Green Environment
- Calm Village
Attractions in Agios Georgios:
- Agios Georgios Beach
- Agios Stefanos Beach
- Loggas Beach
- Cap Drastis
Best Restaurants in Agios Georgios:
- Dixtia Taverna: €€ | Greek Cuisine | Sea View — Come to this Greek taverna for fresh fish dishes and a lovely view.
- San George Food Bar: €€€ | Beachfront — A great spot to come for drinks and really good burgers in a cool setting.
- Anemos: €€ | Incredible Views | Leafy Terrace — Come for some of the best views on the island from its elevated location and the delicious moussaka.
- The Night Owl: €€ | Family Run | Beautiful Views— Come for a change of pace and killer sunsets. Enjoy a delicious meal in a beautiful setting up high.
Best Hotels in Agios Georgios:
KAIRABA Sandy Villas
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Adults Only | Timeless Decoration
If you dream of a luxurious vacation, KAIRABA Sandy Villas is the spot. The adults-only villas enjoy numerous amenities and some even have swim-up access. There’s an amazing pool and several dining options.
Finally, the hotel is located fairly close to the Agios Georgios beach. So, you can easily visit one of the most beautiful beaches on the island.
LABRANDA Sandy Beach
€€€€ | 5 Star | Multiple Bars and Restaurants | Beachfront
LABRANDA Sandy Beach is a luxury hotel where you will certainly enjoy your summer holidays. They serve a breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffet on the terrace and you’ll have the chance to try different traditional and international dishes at the hotel’s restaurants.
Located on the Beachfront, you’ll easily be able to spend your time enjoying the Greek sea and sun.
Porto Demo Hotel
€€€ | 4 Star | Night Entertainment | Sea View | Beachfront
Porto Demo Hotel is a good enough option if you want to stay in Agios Georgios village and are looking for a more affordable hotel. You’ll find a lovely pool, a bar, and garden at the hotel.
Best of all, the hotel is located just 250 meters from the Agios Georgios beach—perfect for anyone who wants to be right next to the beach.