Looking for a fantastic summer holiday destination in Greece? Look no further than Mykonos! It’s a really popular and cosmopolitan island where you’ll have an unforgettable holiday in the sun. The hardest part of your vacation will be deciding on your accommodation. In this guide, we cover the best areas and where to stay in Mykonos.
Our Partnership with Booking.com. If you like our content, please book by clicking on our Booking.com links. The price is the same for you and we get a small commission that helps support our helpful blog content. We’ve partnered with Booking.com because they have the most options, great prices, and a solid loyalty program.
Where To Stay In Mykonos
Mykonos is one of the Cycladic islands in the Aegean Sea. We, Greeks, call it “The Island Of The Winds,” as the weather is usually very windy even during the hot summer months. However, it is a cosmopolitan destination with a vibrant nightlife that attracts thousands of people every summer. As you’d expect, it has numerous cafes, bars, clubs, and restaurants, as well as luxury hotels to cater to its visitors.
The island also has picturesque landscapes and sleepy villages. In this guide, we’ll break down four different areas in Mykonos for you to choose from depending on whether you’re looking for the windiest spots for kitesurfing or the calmest places to lounge in the sun. We’ll also cover must-visit attractions, great restaurants, and top recommendations for where to stay in Mykonos.
- Mykonos Town
- Platys Gialos: The Longest Beach
- Ornos: The Windless Beach
- Psarrou: The Cosmopolitan Beach
Mykonos Town is in the central region of the island, surrounded by the natural bay of the port. It has a beautiful area right by the sea called “Little Venice” that you can’t miss—it’s the best place to enjoy a cold coffee or a fresh meal. There are also several interesting attractions to see, like the iconic windmills. Finally, enjoy a walk through the photogenic alleyways and whitewashed buildings of Mykonos Town, you’ll get stunning photos.
Why I love Mykonos Town:
- Beautiful cycladic architecture
- Impressive views of the Aegean Sea
- Picturesque paved alleyways
- Natural port bay
Attractions in Mykonos Town:
- Little Venice
- Windmills of Mykonos (Kato Mili)
- Ftelia beach
- Panagia Paraportiani
Best restaurants in Mykonos Town:
- Noa Greek Restaurant: €€€ | Seafood | Fantastic Views—This beautifully decorated restaurant serves delicious seafood dishes that are a feast for the eyes alongside the incredible views.
- M-eating Restaurant: €€€ | Fine Dining | Center of Town—This laid-back restaurant is a unique experience, serving quality Mediterranean dishes in a traditional Mykonian building.
- Kastro’s Restaurant: €€ | Waterside Terrace—This restaurant and bar serves Mediterranean fare in a relaxed atmosphere right on the water.
- Koursaros Mykonos: €€€€ | Chic Patio | Upscale Seafood and Sushi—This trendy spot has great food that’s reflected in the prices. Sit inside to fully experience the place’s vibe.
Best Hotels In Mykonos Town
Below are the best hotels in Mykonos Town
Boheme Mykonos Town
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Luxury Decoration | Sea View
Boheme Mykonos Town is certainly one of the best hotels to stay at on the island. You will love the pool bar with the amazing sea view and also all the luxury hotel amenities.
The hotel is located near Mykonos Town and meters away from Megali Ammos Beach. So, you get the best of both the town and the beach.
Kouros Hotel & Suites
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Traditional Architecture | Family Rooms
Kouros Hotel & Suites is certainly an impressive hotel with special amenities and facilities like a spa center and a gym. Above all, it provides spacious family rooms where you and your kids will feel comfortable.
In the mornings, you can visit the Mykonos Old Port or the Archaeological Museum, which are only about 500 meters from the hotel.
Tharroe of Mykonos Boutique Hotel
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Family Rooms | Sea View
Tharroe of Mykonos Boutique Hotel is an incredible place to stay in Mykonos. Its pool enjoys some of the best sea views and the rooms are chic and comfortable. And Korfos beach is just 400 meters away! If you love quiet and free natural beaches, this is for you.
Platys Gialos: The Longest Beach
Platys Gialos is a seaside village in southern Mykonos. It has an amazing beach—the longest on Mykonos island. There’s also plenty to do here like watersports, swimming, rowing, and fishing. It’s a beautiful place to stay on Mykonos island and many people choose to return annually. So, if you love being around people, this place is for you.
Why I love Platys Gialos:
- Amazing sandy beach
- Cosmopolitan place
- Watersports and seaside activities
- Traditional fishing village
Attractions in Platys Gialos:
- Platys Gialos Beach
- Seafood restaurants
- Yachting in the Aegean Sea
- Bars for a night out
Best restaurants in Platys Gialos:
- Yialo Yialo Restaurant Mykonos: €€ | Beach Front—A firm favorite with diners, this restaurant serves fresh Greek dishes right on the beachfront.
- Nikos Gallop Restaurant: €€ | Family Run—This is the place to come for good food and genuine Greek hospitality.
- Eclipse Seaside Restaurant: €€ | Rooftop | Greek and Italian Cuisine—You can’t beat the relaxed atmosphere and rooftop views at this spot.
- Blue Myth Restaurant: €€ | Beachfront | Greek Night—Head to this lovely beachfront restaurant on a Sunday or Wednesday to experience Greek night with fun, dancing, and good food.
Best Hotels In Platys Gialos
Below are the best hotels in Platys Gialos
Myconian Utopia Relais & Chateaux
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Family Rooms | Private Pool | Elia Beach
Myconian Utopia Relais & Chateaux is an ideal option for your summer holidays. Above all, you’ll enjoy the luxurious amenities, such as one of the world’s best infinity pools and the smell of lavender that seems to follow you everywhere.
Although the hotel is a bit far from Platys Gialos beach, it is located only 100 meters from Elia beach. So, you have really easy access to a wonderful sandy beach. This area has many luxury hotels and a great vibe for those of you that want privacy!
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux
€€€€-€€€€+ | 5 Star | Family Rooms | Disabled Friendly
The Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux is a luxury hotel with unique Cycladic architecture and decor. You’ll love the spacious rooms and the private pool.
Finally, the location of the hotel is ideal as it is only 150 m away from Platys Gialos beach. Therefore, you can spend your days enjoying the Greek sea and sun.
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Family Rooms | Private Pool
At the Palladium Hotel, you get amazing sea views and numerous luxury amenities. In the hotel’s restaurant, you’ll be treated to modern Mediterranean dishes.
The hotel is really close to Platys Gialos beach. So, get ready to enjoy the Aegean Sea.
Nissaki Boutique Hotel
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Cycladic Architecture | Comfortable Rooms
The Nissaki Boutique Hotel offers some special amenities, gorgeous views of the Aegean Sea, and chic, spacious rooms.
While it’s located next to Platys Gialos beach, it offers a view of Psarroy beach. So, you will enjoy a great view both on the beach and from the hotel.
Ornos: The Windless Beach
Ornos is another seaside village on Mykonos island. And the best part about it is this beach is really windless. This is the place for you if you want to enjoy your days sunbathing and swimming in crystal clear water. There’s also a very picturesque village where you can go for walks and choose your favorite places for lunch and dinner. The sea here is calm, so Ornos is the ideal place for families. Your kids will love the shallow sea and the sandy beach.
Why I love Ornos:
- Calm sea and windless beach
- Organized beach
- Picturesque landscape
Attractions in Ornos:
- Ornos Beach
- Sailing Cruises
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
- Korfos Beach
Best restaurants in Ornos:
- Aperanto Galazio Cuisine Bar: €€ | On the Beach—This seafood restaurant is literally on the beach. Enjoy your meal with your feet in the sand.
- Apaggio Restaurant: €€ | Waterside Dining—Enjoy traditional Greek flavors in a variety of dishes and lovely setting on the water.
- Kuzina Mykonos: €€ | Beachfront Location—A great place to come and spend the day at the beach, have some drinks, and enjoy a meal.
- Pasaji Mykonos: €€€ | Beachfront | DJ—With a live DJ and beachfront location, this is a great place to enjoy the vibe and explore some different flavors.
Best Hotels In Ornos
Below are the best hotels in Ornos
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Multiple Restaurants | Private Beach
Kivotos Mykonos is a great choice for your summer vacation and you’ll love the Greek fusion dishes of the hotel’s restaurants. If you don’t feel like visiting Ornos beach, spend your days lounging on the hotel’s private beach!
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Cycladic Decoration | Family Friendly
Kensho Ornos is a great place for family fun. Your kids will love the shallow area of the pool and they have several board games for evenings together. Located close to Ornos Beach, you have easy access to the beach whenever you want.
Adorno Beach Hotel and Suites
€€€-€€€€ | 4 Star | Comfortable Rooms | Seafront
If you’re looking to relax by the pool and enjoy a spa day, Adorno Beach Hotel and Suiteswill do the trick. The hotel has a spa and fitness center, and you can even arrange cycling tours around Ornos village. This will certainly be a unique experience.
Psarrou: The Cosmopolitan Beach
Last but not least, Psarrou is one of the most popular villages in Mykonos. Every year, lots of people choose to visit the island and spend time in Psarrou. It’s a seaside village with a beautiful sandy beach and luxurious amenities. So, if you’re looking to have a luxurious and cosmopolitan vacation, Psarrou is an ideal choice. For the more active, you’ll have the opportunity to do different watersports and have fun.
Why I love Psarrou:
- Cosmopolitan village
- Amazing sandy beach
- Picturesque village
- Luxurious market
Attractions in Psarrou:
- Psarrou Beach
- Eden Fine Art Gallery
- Mykonos Farmers
Best restaurants in Psarrou:
- NAMMOS Mykonos: €€€€ | Beachfront | Luxury—You’ll have everything you need at this flashy complex. Spend the day on the luxury loungers, dine in the restaurant, and enjoy the entertainment.
- VIP Restaurant Mykonos: €€€ | Fine Dining—Enjoy quality food and gorgeous views.
- Obati Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria: €€ | Kid Friendly—Come for the Italian cuisine in an upscale setting that even has a playroom for the kids.
Best Hotels In Psarrou
Below are the best hotels in Psarrou
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Private Pool | Beach Front
Kensho Psarou is a luxury option to spend your holidays in Psarrou, Mykonos. You’ll love the unique decor of the suites and the private pool with the Aegean Sea view.
The hotel is located right on Psarrou beach. So, you’ll have easy access to the most cosmopolitan beach in Mykonos.
€€€€+ | 5 Star | Timeless Decor | Spa Center
Mykonos Blu is the best hotel choice in Psarrou village if you’re looking for luxury. The hotel’s restaurant serves fresh seafood dishes, and you can’t beat the location. The hotel is ideal as it’s next to Psarrou beach and only a 5-minute drive away from Mykonos Town.
€€€€ | 5 Star | Family Rooms | Car Rental Services
If you want breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea, Alissachni Mykonos is the place. All the suites are luxurious, spacious, and comfortable.
You can also arrange to rent a car, so you’ll have easy access to discover the whole island.